CHINOOK FROM WHERE?
Middle Shuswap River, including Mable Lake and up to Shuswap Falls
HOW TO ENTER/HELP
When you catch a Chinook salmon follow the instructions below:
1. Check to see if the adipose fin is missing, if missing,
2. Remove the salmon’s head and put it in a plastic bag.
3. Use a pencil to write catch information on a label and attach to the bag. Include the following information: date, place of capture, gear type and, if possible, the sex and length of the salmon.
4. Freeze the head as soon as possible.
5. Submit the head by contacting Shayla Lawrence for further instructions.
Note: Any heads that are not properly bagged and labelled will not be accepted, as this provides information to a specific fish. Heads that are starting to deteriorate or starting to smell will not be accepted as well.
PURPOSE OF HEAD RECOVERY
So that the Okanagan Nation Alliance Fisheries Research Program can learn more about Chinook stocks.
For More Information on this Initiative Contact:
Shayla Lawrence, Fisheries Biologist
Phone: 250-707-0095 ext. 109 Email: email@example.com
PARTICIPANTS IN THE CHINOOK HEAD RECOVERY PROGRAM WILL BE ENTERED TO WIN A FISHING ROD DRAWN IN SEPTEMBER