In this 3-day virtual workshop presented by Dr. Thira, participants will learn about:
– Cultural foundations of wellness and response teams,
– Activating, planning and maintaining teams,
– Community engagement methods and strategies for community development,
– Developing successful and sustainable programs,
– and more to build capacity and empower ourselves to respond to incidents within our communities!
Dr. Thira is a psychologist and professor from the Adler school of Psychology in Vancouver and offers a variety of workshops in trauma and critical response.
This workshop is intended for those working in Syilx Okanagan community health and wellness, social development, community response, and education administrators. It is also useful for elders, knowledge keepers and Chiefs and Councils. The workshop is open to Syilx Okanagan Nation members and community members only.
Due to COVID-19 this workshop series will be completely virtual via GoToMeeting. You will need access to a computer, tablet or smart phone to attend the virtual workshop. A confirmation email will be sent to you before the virtual workshop with the links and instructions on how to join the meeting.
For assistance with GoToMeeting please contact: Taylor Carpenter, Events Planner at email@example.com