WHAT IS SAFE TALK?
safeTALK is a half-day training that provides tools to identify persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to resources. safeTALK is an internationally recognized workshop developed by Living Works Education.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALKtrained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN TO:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond common tendency to miss, dismiss and avoid suicide
- Apply TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and Keep safe.
- All participants MUST be 15 +
- Space is limited – so all participants must register
- Bannock Taco Lunch will be provided by WFN