We run for our people and our land
The Unity Run emerged in June 2009, as a response to youth requesting to come together and find a way to raise awareness about suicide and violence in their communities. This event allows the ONA to engage with the youth in the community, provides a significant opportunity to reach the ever-growing number of youth among the eight member communities and hearing what issues are important to them. Between 140 and 200 Okanagan Nation members will come together over the multi-day event, with a minimum of 100 partakers joining for the entire event. Based on the previous years, the average age of runners will be in between the ages of 14 and 18, with the youngest runner being 5 and the oldest in their 60’s.
The majority of the runners will be members of Okanagan Nation communities who are chaperoned by designated community members. If you have youth that would like to participate, please contact your local member community youth worker or Wellness/Health department. If you would like to bring your own youth or yourselves please register directly with the ONA.
This event occurs annually on the first weekend in June!
If you are interested in donating to the Spirit of Syilx Unity Run for Suicide and Violence Awareness, please see payment options below:
- E-transfer to email@example.com (we are registered as auto-deposit – no password required)
- Please include a note for your e-transfer in the message box stating “Unity Run 2024”
- Cheques payable to “Okanagan Nation Alliance” (please see mailing address below)
- Please include a note of your cheque in the memo box stating “Unity Run 2024”
- Cash donations can be dropped off at our main office
Mailing Address: 101-3535 Old Okanagan Hwy, Westbank BC V4T 3L7