kʷu tl təmxʷulaʔxʷ
The Syilx Youth Gathering aims to encourage Nation unity, practicing culture and tradition all while building strong connections. Youth will engage in various activities and learning experiences designed to connect them with the land and each other. We will be balancing the aspect of teaching and learning by ensuring there will be plenty of fun to be had!
- On-the-Land Experience: Youth will engage in various activities and learning experiences designed to connect them with the land & nature.
- Cultural Promotion & Empowerment: Through teachings, singing & drumming and storytelling, we aim to instill a sense of pride & identity within our youth, promoting the resilience of Syilx culture.
- Personal Growth: The camp activities are designed to increase confidence & independence among participants, while also teaching valuable life skills.
- Community Building: By creating a safe & nurturing space for our youth to meet, learn about each other and form bonds of friendship, we aim to strengthen communities and ensure unity.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Through group activities, we aim to improve cooperation & team building skills. These skills are not only beneficial in their daily lives but also deeply ingrained in the core values of Syilx culture.