Join us for a one day tour on the land to see what is impacting scʕaxans nhithitəl̓(Peachland Watershed) and discuss ways to move forward!
This year’s Water Forum will demonstrate a Syilx cultural assessment of scʕaxans nhithitwəl̓(Peachland Watershed). We will be doing an on the land assessment of the watershed and then return together as a group for dialogue on the impacts of forestry on water quality/drinking water and to try to develop collaborative projects to address the issue.
- Bus Transportation will be provided, the registration and pick-up will be at the Peachland Community Centre (4450 6 St, Peachland)
- Learn from UBCO Forest Hydrology Experts and other resource and water experts!
- Engage in a collaborative approach to find solutions to protect drinking water
- Participate in a hands on learning utilizing both scientific and Syilx knowledge to assess the watershed
- Hot lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Please note as part of this event will be outside, dress accordingly
All Syilx/Okanagan members, please confirm by contacting Tessa Terbasket, ONA NR Research and Policy Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the core of the Okanagan Nation’s Water Forums is our shared concern for how water is managed and recognized in the region. With these concerns in mind there are questions of how we might move towards effective partnerships and working relationships to find solutions to a better water future in the Okanagan.